Tuesday, January 25, 2011

seasons & prayer

Well, at the rate that I am posting, I will have one post for every season of the year! We finally have internet at our apartment now though, so hopefully they will become more frequent.

We stayed in Louisville for Thanksgiving, but Chad's parents and sister came to visit. I got to cook my first Thanksgiving meal and I didn't burn anything!


Caleb even had some turkey (from Gerber of course):

Caleb's first Christmas was so much fun! We were able to visit my family in Oklahoma and Chad's in Texas. It was a lot of flying and driving, but Caleb was a great traveler and it was so worth it! Watching Caleb "open" presents for the first time was so fun... although he was much more interested in the paper and bows than what was underneath them. :)
Caleb's first snow!
...:: we let him play in the snow with his nativity set to get some pictures ::...

...:: traveling to oklahoma and texas to see family ::...

...:: opening, eating and wearing gifts ::...

Caleb turns 10-months-old tomorrow: 1.26.11! I know everyone says it about their kids, but I can't believe how fast the time has gone by. He is 21 lbs and 28 inches tall now... he started standing on his own a few days ago (and he better take his first step when Chad and I both are there!)... he has 7 teeth... and he's discovering new things every day. I think the cutest discovery he has made recently is how to put a ball in a plastic container and how to reach in and take it out again (over and over and over)! :)

Chad has been in J-term classes over the last several weeks. He clepped out of Elementary Greek last week! I'm so proud of him!

I am truly blessed to have two amazing boys in my life! Chad is a wonderful husband and a great dad!

            Something that I'll blog about later that has been on my mind a lot lately is prayer... "What does it mean? How am I suppose to pray? Why do I not do it more often? How can I learn to pray without ceasing (1 Thess 5:16-18)" 
If your heart has grown cold,
it is because you have moved away 
from the fire of His presence.
[Beth Moore]

No comments: